Pages

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Creative Writing #1


                                                                      My First Draft
Title: Winning the near impossible!


Image result for volleyball

Have you ever challenged yourself outside of your comfort zone and not knowing what the
outcome of it? I have. I challenged myself by playing a sport which is what I’m not familiar with and not knowing how hard and frustrating it can get. I first started when my friends encouraged me to pick a sport knowing that I don’t do any sports, I vigorously force myself to pick Volleyball and at first I thought I’m only doing it in short-term. I remember the feeling that rushed into my body when I first went inside the court and saw many people trying out, trying to get into the team, I can feel the warmth of the gym as it was one of a scorching day in the summer season and I can feel the eagerness of the people around me. I can hear the whistle and I can see the balls spring up and down. I try to link myself into this unfamiliar sport which I have come to love and my teammates and as we need to unite as a team, we started to get to know each other and know each other’s weaknesses and strengths to help each other improve and so we can work and connect with each other easily inside and outside the court.

Our coach eagerly join our team into a competition, surprising us and making us panic as this was our first competition but we still prepare ourselves and enhance our teamwork few weeks before the tournament. On the day of the tournament, we all got into the van with anxiousness and eagerness to win the tournament. As we walk into the court, we calm and set ourselves down, in hand. The game started and we all can hear our own pounding heart as the opponents had the ball first, our game started fresh and it was going good and it has exceeded the coach and our expectation not knowing what risk we are about to experience. My teammate spiked the ball into the opponent’s side and it got in and as she was about to land, she twisted and landed with her ankle gaining sprains. We needed to carry on with uncertainty and losing something of value during the game.
A wave of anxiousness and fear rose up in me like a volcano, for only a week earlier we train and enhance our team, losing something during the game makes me hysterical throughout the game. We tried our best throughout the game with the feelings we got in the worst scenario that could ever happen in court, losing and hurting a teammate. It all got into us but we decided and managed to focus on the game, and we did this for our teammate who got hurt. We luckily managed to have someone who can sub her and after all the circumstances, we got through it together. We demonstrated a team who can work as whole even though there were circumstances but we managed to won the game making us put all the fear and anxiousness aside. I knew we weren’t the perfect team ever. We did what most teammates can do during a circumstance. but either way, it sure felt good to be on a team who can unite inside and outside the court.

4 comments:

  1. I like the title and the way you describe yourself to become a player
    This reminds me also about my first time playing in other place and doing something weird.
    I suggest that you need to put more punctuation in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate the fact that you liked the title and how I think of myself as a volleyball player, I will put in mind what you suggested. :)

      Delete
  2. I really liked how you explained how you wanted to play volleyball and wanted to become like a star and this story also reminds me of the movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" where greg challenges himself outside his comfort zone and also you could work on punctuation marks and use more striking words to engage the reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I appreciate the fact that my writing makes you remind about the movie/book "Diary of a Wimpy kid" which is a great story. I also can relate to that movie/book :)
      I will keep the suggestion of yours in mind :D

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.